1. Stay hydrated. Drink a glass of water before you grab a snack to help fill you up. Try flavoring it with lemon, cucumber or mint.
2. Exercise. Exercise helps burn calories, but it also helps speed up the metabolism1. Go for a 15 minute walk to the closest shopping center and enjoy the lights and Christmas decorations.
3. Eat at home before going to a party. If you’re starving by the time you get to a party, you’re likely to devour anything and everything. If you arrive with a little something in your stomach, you won’t be so tempted to eat everything.
4. Stick to one drink. Alcohol can be extremely high in calories, so stick to one drink that is low in calories. For example, mix your drink with plain seltzer water or vegetable juice to reduce the number of calories.
5. Fill up on vegetables and fruit. Always fill the majority of your plate with vegetables. It’s a great way to get your fiber and nutrients without any excess fatty calories.