By Crystal H. Shelton, Senior Scientific Researcher
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsps. honey
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 tsps. vanilla
- 1½ cup blanched almond flour
- 2 tbsps. coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup dark chocolate pieces
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a food processor, cream the butter, coconut sugar, honey, egg and vanilla for about 15 seconds until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt and mix again until combined, about 30 seconds. Mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Place ping-pong sized balls of dough on a cookie sheet lined with parchment. Using another sheet of parchment on top of the dough, flatten them slightly with the palm or your hand or a spatula.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, until slightly golden around the edges.