By: Theresa Greenwell
Chicken and white bean chili
Serving size: 2 cups
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ medium diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. dried ground coriander
- ¼ tsp. dried ground cumin
- 1-1½ cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth (low sodium if possible)
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- ½ can (3.5 oz.) diced green chiles
- 1¾ cups white beans (cooked)
- 1¾ cups corn (cooked)
- ½ lb. chicken (cooked and diced)
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a medium pot
- Over medium heat sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until onion is soft and translucent.
- Stir in broth, tomatoes, chiles, and spices. Bring to boil, then allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add corn, chicken and beans. Allow to cook over low heat for approximately 10 minutes.
Remove from heat and serve.