By Crystal Shelton
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thigh, trimmed and cut into chunks
1 onion, finely chopped
3 carrots, finely chopped
3 celery sticks, finely chopped
2 thyme sprigs or ½ tsp dried
1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
2 10 oz cans vegetable or chicken stock
2 14 oz cans haricot beans, drained
Chopped parsley, if desired
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the chicken, then fry until lightly browned.
- Add the vegetables and fry for a few minutes more.
- Stir in the herbs and stock.
- Bring to the boil. Stir well, reduce the heat, then cover and cook for 40 mins, until the chicken is tender.
- Stir the beans into the pan and simmer for 5 mins.
- Stir in the parsley if desired.