By Theresa Greenwell
Prep and Cook time: 1.25 hours or less
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into lengthwise strips
- 1½ tsp. poultry season
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Chicken or vegetable broth (2-3 cups; enough to cover chicken)
- 6-8 cups bite-sized broccoli pieces (depends on your love of broccoli)
- 1 cup mayo, light or regular
- 1 cup sour cream, light or regular
- 1 Tbsp. concentrated lemon juice
- 2 tsp. sweet curry powder
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 3 cups grated cheese blend
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In saucepan, add chicken, broth, thyme and poultry seasoning; bring to boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Drain chicken and allow to cool.
- In same saucepan, add approximately 1-2 inches of water and broccoli. Steam broccoli on medium heat until cooked but still firm. Drain and set aside.
- Shred cooled chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Mix together mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, curry powder and red pepper flakes. Add 1½ cups cheese blend and Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Mix together chicken and broccoli. Evenly distribute into casserole dish.
- Spread mayo, sour cream, cheese mixture over chicken and broccoli. Top with remainder of cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes or until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Serve as a side dish or as a main dish with a fresh, mixed greens