By Kristin Pulling
Skip the gym and head for the slopes instead this weekend. Not only will you enjoy the beautiful views from atop the mountain, you will get in a great workout! Here are some of the top reasons you should plan to hit the slopes soon:
- All skill levels can enjoy skiing. Most mountains have a variety of ski slopes so regardless of skill level, you can enjoy a ride!
- You’ll get a great abs workout. Keeping your body upright and staying balanced while zipping downhill will work your core muscles but you’ll be having so much fun, you won’t even realize you’re working out.
- Skiing can be a great social activity. Whether you want to catch up with friends or spend some quality time with your family, skiing is an activity that can be enjoyed with your favorite people. For those looking to expand their social circles, there’s plenty of opportunities to strike up conversations with fellow skiers.
- Alpine (downhill) skiing can improve fitness levels and cardiovascular health.
- Your legs will thank you – Research has shown that alpine (downhill) skiing It a more demanding legs workout than indoor cycling.
- Skiing improves wellbeing and happiness.
Rather than staying indoors avoiding the cold weather, make the most of the season and head to the mountains. Skiing is a fun activity that will benefit you physically, mentally, and emotionally!