With Spring just around the corner, more and more people are looking for new and healthy recipe ideas that the entire family can eat. Incorporating new vegetables is a great way to avoid getting bored and to add new flavors! We’ve got a great spring-focused recipe for you that’s healthy, TLS-approved, and sure to have the entire family going back for seconds!
Did you know radishes help reduce weight, help prevent urinary disorders and dehydration, promote digestion, improve bone health, and help clear skin disorders? There are so many reasons to add these vegetables to your grocery list!
Cooking with radishes can be easy, tasty and provide health benefits that many other vegetables can’t. Plus, there are so many ways to cook them! From sauteing, to pan roasting, braising, steaming and boiling, these power-packed vegetables are rich in folic acid, potassium, and vitamin C. Try this easy Roasted Chicken with Spring Vegetables for dinner tonight:
Serves: Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Season with salt and pepper, then place skin-side up on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Squeeze 1/2 lemon over the chicken and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Roast 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the potatoes and radishes in half and cut the scallions into thirds.
- Toss the potatoes, radishes, carrots and the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and scatter the vegetables around it.
- Continue to roast until the vegetables are tender and the chicken is golden and cooked through (about 20 minutes)
- Squeeze the remaining 1/2 lemon over the chicken and vegetables.
- Top with the dill and season with salt.
What recipes do you want to see more of?
Tell us in the comments!